Thursday, December 11, 2008

This & That

Wow, things are busy this time of year, aren't they? I love Christmas time though. Last weekend we took the boys to a local church that held a walk through re-enactment (sp?) of different peoples' perspectives of the prenancy/birth of Jesus (Joseph, Mary, the Inn Keepers, Shepherd's and Angels). there were different "stations" that you went to and heard their stories, it was neat. It was indoors, thankfully. They had live animals which was cool. The boys enjoyed it & I can see Adam's growth in the understanding of Jesus' Birth. So exciting.

Getting our Christmas tree this year consisted of bringing it in from the back patio! We used our orange tree again as the Christmas tree. Works pretty good, other then it's not shaped quite as nice as an actual Christmas tree. Adam helped decorate. Since then, he's been decorating around the house, using his chapsticks (he has quite a stash of those, thanks to aunt Pam!)
I got this funny shot this morning of the boys. Adam put his arms around them....maybe a tad too tight, Brad is not loving it! Adam is in his big boy bed tonight for the 1st time ever! I know what your thinking, "isn't he 3??" I didn't feel the need to rush into the big boy bed. I enjoyed being in control of when he gets out of bed :) he has never tried to climb out of his crib, and the rail is the whole way down!! (remember i said he's not very adventureous). He napped in the big boy bed today and did great. went right down, and daddy woke him up when he came home. tonight again he went right down. Hoping he doesn't come down too early in the mornings now, I like get the babies (ok, not babies anymore...twins) up first & ease into my day...but i suppose i can adjust...

Here's a very recent pic of the Gingrich family, minus Steve who wasn't able to come. This was taken the morning after we got home from Aruba. And the tan that i had in this pic is already gone, booo.
That's enough random-ness. I hope you all have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I am finally able to post to your site. Now I can stop "stalking" you. The boys are so cute together, no doubt they are brothers. I love the tree, too! Merry Christmas.

Brandy said...

We kept Kara in a crib until right pass her third birthday too. For the same reasons you mentioned. Always nice to hear someone else did this too. Kelsey might not give us the option, I think she will try to climb out of her crib before age 3.

Merry Christmas!