Thursday, February 5, 2009

Adam's Room

The past couple weeks, I've been working on painting and doing a border in Adam's room. The walls were too plain, i thought it needed something! I put up a border (with my mom's help!) and 'rag painted' underneath the border. i left the top the original neutral color. Rag painting is fun. You start with a base coat, which i used a light blue, then take a rag (or old t-shirt) and lightly dab a darker shade overtop the basecoat with the rag. it gives it a textured look. Adam doesn't like the room, he wanted purple! i think it's safe to say, he'll thank me one day for his blue room. i have a couple spots i want to touch-up, but overall am pleased with how it turned out.
You can kinda see the effect of the rag painting from this picture.....

1 comment:

EMG said...

The finished room looks great. Nice work! I'm guessing Adam will appreciate it one day soon.