Monday, February 16, 2009

Prayer, for Wives

On Saturday, our church held a Marriage Builders night, with a meal and teaching. Both the husbands and wives were given a laminated card with a prayer for us to pray. I really like the prayer....

Praying for Myself, As a Wife..
Make me my husband's helpmate, companion, champion, friend, and support. Help me to create a peaceful, restful, safe place for him to come home to. Teach me how to take care of myself and stay attractive to him. Grow me into a creative and confident woman who is rich in mind, soul, and spirit. Make me the kind of woman he can be proud to say is his wife.
I lay all my expectations at Your cross. I release my husband from the burden of fulfilling me in areas where I should be looking to You. Help me to accept him the way he is and not try to change him. I leave any changing that needs to be done in Your hands, fully accepting that neither of us is perfect and never will be. Only You, Lord are perfect and I look to You to perfect us.
Teach me how to pray for my husband and make my prayers a true language of love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sherry - I absolutely loved this! Jen