Thursday, April 2, 2009

Meat Lady

I love to give. To help people in need and bless them. And i'm grateful to have a husband who likes to give too. After kids, i wasn't able to volunteer anymore and i felt sad about not being able to give in that way. But God always opens new doors in whatever season you are in. I've recently felt like the "meat lady". My home farm had 2 cows go down pretty close together this winter and rod had them butchered. We had an overabundance of meat in our freezer. i have thoroughly enjoyed randomly taking some to church for people here and there. And more specifically, there's a family Rod and i are connected with whose family is in crisis, to say the least. I show up at their house every couple of months carrying meat in for them. I'm not sure what words are exchanged when they see me coming in with my latest stash, but i do know it blesses them. It doesn't solve all their problems, but it helps meet needs and it's something that i can do in this season of my life. God, use me to bless others in whatever ways i can. Whether it be meat lady or otherwise....

No comments: