Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Still harvesting..

Garden season is definitely winding down, but i'm still getting these....(lettuce, spinach, parsley, potatoes, and broccoli)!

I probably still have swiss chard too, if i could find it under the weeds. 

I planted the lettuce, spinach, and broccoli in August, knowing i could sneak another round of those things in before it gets too cold.  They are a cool weather vegetable and grow great in cooler temps.  We did get one frost a couple weeks ago which took out my peppers and tomatoes. 

I'm anxious to see how my lettuce does that i just planted last week.  I have it under a cold frame.  Think we'll be eating fresh lettuce in December?  That would be nice!

If you have lots of parsley outdoors, don't let the frost kill it!  Here's a short video on the best way to freeze it., so you can use it this winter.  (click here).  I hope i remember to do this, i have a lot of parsley.

There's still so much for me to learn about gardening and preserving.  But i have come a long way over the years!  There was only one year of my married life that i didn't have a garden.  Let's just say having twins had a little something to do with that :)

No comments: