Sunday, July 27, 2014

Danny

We're just about half way through our first experience with a fresh air child.  Danny is a sweet boy, who loves attention, is happy, outgoing, and pretty cooperative.  He is from the Bronx, so there is that side of him too!  I believe we are fortunate though, I've heard stories of kids who are homesick the whole time or just grumpy.  Danny adjusted immediately and called us mom and dad the night we picked him up!  He can almost tell Ben and Brad apart.  He and Adam buddied up pretty quick.  And Clay is pestering him like little brothers do.  On the way home the night we picked him up, Clay sat next to him in the car and was so excited.  After a while Danny says "I just want some peace and quiet!"  Of course we all started laughing and the poor boy didn't get peace or quiet until bedtime.

The next 4 days will be interesting.  I was spoiled today with having Rod with me the whole day.  I have a couple things planned this week, to break up the days.  He goes home Friday.  As far as I can tell, we'll try to get him again next year.  It'll be interesting to hear the boys take after he leaves. 

He has never prayed before and doesn't have any concept of God.  He enjoyed church and is taking in bible stories.  The boys are teaching him the song  "He's still working on me".

He's 10 days younger than the twins but obviously quite a bit bigger.










1 comment:

Katie Thompson said...

Admittedly I cry at lots, but this post brought tears to my eyes. Loves seeing the smiles on the faces of Danny and your kiddos. What a blessing this experience is for Danny and you guys!!