Monday, January 12, 2009

Interesting realization today......before kids, i was so judgmental with moms and how they would mother their kids (like i knew anything about parenting). I couldn't believe how mom's would 'let their kids run the show' & the lack of discipline, etc. WELL, how things change when you become a mom. Things i said I'd never do, I'm doing.....Adam DOES jump on the sofa...Ben DOES walk around outside sometimes w/out a jacket, in the middle of winter......Brad does randomly shout out 'kitty cat!' in the middle of prayer during church, and i DON'T rush him out of the sanctuary and scold him. Funny how those are the things that i just couldn't believe mom's would let their kids do. It seems so minor now. I should not have judged them. I remember the people I used to critique and they are not bad moms...And neither am I !!! It was a challenge for me to not judge others....Especially when you've never been there yourself!!

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

I totally agree, I did the same thing!!

Rochelle Matthews Stoltzfus said...

thanks for admitting to stalking! : ) don't forget you have a photo session for your three little guys.

also i look forward to reading more of your posts, but as a start, i really enjoyed this one.

EMG said...

Oh, YES! Before kids, I was never going to have sticky kitchen chairs or runny nosed kids. smile!
It's God's way of humbling moms.
That's a good thing!

emg