Thursday, March 12, 2009

Haiku

I wrote and painted this Haiku in 5th grade. My mom kept a lot of my art and creative writing papers from school, they are fun to look back on. I remember doing this one...The painting was done with a straw, the teacher put a blob of paint on the paper and we blew through the straw. I guess mine is supposed to be a tree! Haiku poems have 3 lines~ the first line has 5 syllables, the 2nd line 7 syllables, and the 3rd has 5 syllables. Here's what it reads:
Winter goes away
Then beautiful spring comes soon
Because of the Lord

My mom read this again recently and said "you never did like winter, did you?!"
Thank you Lord for Spring!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your poem Sherry!! I say "ditto!!!" =) I'm so glad that winter goes away.... Soon, and VERY soon, spring will be here!!!

Sarah said...

Sherry, that's so funny... I remember doing these in 5th grade and I still have mine too ;-)
Yay, can't wait for spring!!!

Anonymous said...

I have mine as well!! Doesn't that seem so long ago!!

The lady of the house... said...

oh my word, me too! i remember doing this. wasn't the background done with chalk? i agree with Adrienne, wasn't that long ago so it seems! how special to still have our connections after all these years! makes me want to dig out my "memory box".
Yeah for WFCS!!