Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Garden

Even though having a garden is a lot of work, this is the time of year when it makes it all worth it. Seems like everything is ready! The boys enjoy going with me and seeing what we can pick. I've never seen anyone get so excited over raw green beans or grape tomatoes! And can they ever eat corn! Our second planting of corn is ready now, and the 'coons did not get it! They pretty much took care of my first planting, although we managed to get a couple meals from it...but then i took a radio next to the corn to play at nighttime and they stayed away from my second planting. I've been able to freeze some too which is nice. We all love corn on the cob! My garden hasn't been weeded for about a month, so some things (like onions and peppers) i really have to go digging for, but i know about where they are so it's not too bad :)

Here's a butterfly on a sunflower, at the edge of my garden. i took this right before my camera died, i'm glad i could get this shot!

No comments: