Friday, August 7, 2009

I just heard news today that acquaintances of ours just had their twins delivered 15 weeks early! 1 lb 10 oz and 1 lb 14 oz...They were born yesterday and are doing well. However, they need LOTS of prayer! This is going to be a long, hard road. Someone has created a blog for them, that you can also check for updates. Their names are Mitch and Heather, they were both a year under me in school. Their blog is www.shellenbergertwins.blogspot.com Please pray for them as they come to mind. They are trying to organize round-the-clock prayer for them as well.

I am struggling with this!! I know there are a lot of things that are unfair in life. But to me, this has to be up there with the most unfair. Of course, i dealt with this to some degree, so that could be my reason for thinking this. But there are so many people out there who have no idea what this is like (and that's good!) but even if these twins do fine in the NICU, get out at the 35 weeks gestation, and impress the doctors (all which was true with my guys), it's still a HARD thing. They will be dealing with premature effects for a long time! My heart go out to the mom.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Praying for those precious babies and their parents. I hope they do impress the doctors with their health and growth.