Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lemonade

Rod's mom found lemons on sale yesterday, and she bought me a bunch. So of course I made lemonade out of them. I've used this recipe for years and people seem to like it. It's a Pampered Chef recipe. I bought a juicer from Pampered Chef and this recipe came with it. This isn't the lemonade Adam sold at the yard sale, we went to the grocery store for that :)

Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade
9 cups water
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoon zest
3/4 c. juice from lemons (about 4-5 lemons*)

Combine water and sugar in pitcher. Mix well until sugar is dissolved. Zest lemons for 1 1/2 T of zest. Juice lemons for 3/4 c. juice. Add juice and zest to pitcher. Mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy! (makes a little over 2 quarts)

* you get a little extra juice out of lemons if you microwave them first for about 30 seconds.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I am going to try that, it sounds very refreshing.

daniele @ domestic serenity said...

that picture just looks too good! I'm going to have to make some.

Anonymous said...

I printed it out so that I have it. THANKS for sharing some with us. I've never had better.

Esther