Monday, May 4, 2009

2 years ago...

Saturday was 2 years since we've brought the twins home from the hospital. A week or so ago we ran into one of their NICU nurses at the Post Office. It was good to see her and she loved seeing the twins 2 years later. One thing that stood out to me over my hospitalization & birth of the twins was the NICU nurses and how good they were. After being in several different "departments" in the hospital, (triage, labor & delivery, "bed rest" dept, operating room, recovery, and the nicu) I can say the NICU staff was the best, hands-down. They literally took me off guard with how helpful & sweet they were. I'm still so thankful for them & all they did. It would be a tough job, they don't receive enough recognition. The day after we brought them home. Brad was still under 4 pounds. Ben about 4 1/2.

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Happy belated Birthday to the boys! What amazing growth! I bet it was neat for the nurses to see them too!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Sherry, how tiny the boys were!!!
I know exactly what you mean about the NICU nurses. When our granddaughter was born, she was in the NICU for several weeks because of the Ds. The nurses not only gave Aleena excellent care and lots of love, but they were such an encouragement to us as we dealt with many emotions.
Shirley

The lady of the house... said...

seems like just yesterday!!