Saturday, January 30, 2010

Books of the Bible

Adam's Sunday School class has been learning the books of the bible this past quarter, from Genesis - Psalms. I'm his teacher 1/3 of the time (we rotate) and i admit, at first i was very skeptical about 3 and 4 year olds saying words like Leviticus and Deuteronomy. But I can't believe these kids!! even the youngest one, just over 3 years old, can say these books, In order! I was encouraged to do more memory work at home with Adam, even w/ the twins. Kids love to learn and hear themselves talk so why not start now. It makes them feel good to recite things from memory. And it's rewarding as a parent. And they are learning the Word.

Here's Adam saying his books, forgetting Esther (sorry Gma) and Psalms. Still so proud.

I'm going to miss teaching Adam's class, after the baby comes. I like the group of kids, and while the boys get pretty hyper, they still have a desire to learn and it's so neat to see.

No comments: