Wednesday, August 29, 2012

bugs and batman

Last year the boys found lots of dead insects and we kept them for fun but Clay got a hold of them and destroyed them.
This summer i told them to collect stuff and we'll frame them.  I wasn't sure how it would work, i've never framed bugs before :) but it was easy.  Just buy a shadow box and hot glue the critters to the cardboard included with the frame.  You can label them too, which i haven't done yet. 
We're still waiting on a butterfly for the bottom left corner.  I found that massive moth in the other corner thank you very much :)
Brad took it in to school for show and tell yesterday.  I like having boys.

 
Clay likes having dibs on whatever toy he wants in the morning, without a brother swiping it away.  I don't think he's ever been "allowed" to wear the twins batman mask.  But today Clay got to be Batman for the morning.  I hope it was everything he dreamed it would be.  He sure looked proud. 

No comments: