Sunday, August 4, 2013

Best salsa ever!

I've been using this recipe for 10+ years and it's a fabulous salsa.  I doubled the recipe and it made 20 pts.  I was complaining to someone at church about all the chopping it took to make it, and he said "I used my food processor for ours".  Oh, yeah.  now there's an idea.  Next time :) 

Salsa (makes 10 pints)
14 cups diced tomatoes (skins and most seeds removed)
3 cups onions
1 cup green pepper
1/2 cup jalepeno pepper
5 garlic cloves

Mix:
2 T salt
1 T chili powder
1 T garlic powder
1 cup tomato juice
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 cup vinegar
5 T clear gel 

Fill jars 3/4 full of tomato mixture.  Add 1/4 cup mix (per pint).  Fill the rest with tomato mixture.  Stir. 
Process for 30 minutes.


In other news, the boys are getting their share of groundhogs, since the farmer mowed the hay again.  Grandma has been patiently waiting for this photo.  haha. 

We are savoring our evenings around here, our favorite time of day, being together outside puttering around with this or that.  Hoping for a little bit of a heat wave to come soon, as we are pool sitting next week! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been checking every day for a week! No I really didn't need to see that. Brad, I found a pair of puppy slippers under your pillow. I'll get them to you next time I come up. gma