Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Decisions

One of the many things that stood out to me so far on Beth Moore's study, Living Beyond Yourself, is when she touched on all the gray areas in life. Decisions that we need to make that aren't black and white. The Bible of course doesn't give specific answers to what you do in certain situations that come up. She helped me realize that most often with these gray areas (she gave several examples: which job to take, which school to send my child, vaccines, etc) there isn't necessarily a right or wrong answer, you could choose either one and make it work. But there's a right fit for you specifically in your situation. God has a plan for your life and it's up to us to ask His spirit to guide us to the answer that is best for us. So instead of me trying to find the RIGHT answer by researching and asking others, i was challenged to realize that what God has for me and my family may be different then what a lot of people would precieve as the right thing (just talking about the gray areas). I need to ask God what He wants for me, my family, etc. A specific "gray" for me right now is whether or not to take the hormone progestrone to possibly prevent preterm labor again. Now for some women this would be great and work fine. But i'm not sure it's what i should do in my situation. The docs might wonder, "why won't she just agree to this?" I'll need clear guidance from the Lord first.

No comments: